SalesStream Cloud has a very useful built-in feature called ‘Inter-Branch Transfer’ or IBT which allows you to transfer Stock from one Store Location to another.
You can access this feature by clicking on the IBT iconon the Cloud Dashboard.
You will see the Main Menu for IBTs
There are a number of options, the tabs across the top of the Screen/Page allow you to :
Select Locations – Select Store Locations to Send Stock From and To (Sending + Receiving Location)
Dispatch – allows you to process/complete an Existing Inter-Branch Transfer (there is a setting which automatically dispatches IBTs for you, please get in touch if you wish this setting to be activated or applied to your account)
Exceptions – allows you to manage any exceptions or issues with an existing IBT.
There are 4 Main Options available on this screen:
a) Suggested – this clever option looks at the Stock Levels at both the Sending and Receiving Location and based on your Minimum Stock Levels suggests Stock Items or Products that could be moved between your Stores.
b) Manual – this allows you to manually lookup the Products/Items you wish to transfer between locations.
c) Lookup – this option is very similar to the ‘Manual’ method and allows you to manually lookup the Products/Items you wish to transfer between locations.
d) Edit – this allows you to view and edit existing Inter-Branch Transfers.
Creating a Stock Transfer – General Instructions
1) To begin/process a Transfer simply choose the Sending Location using the first drop-down box
2) Choose the Receiving Location using the second drop-down box
3) Choose which Method you wish to use, as described above and in detail below.
a) Creating a Stock Transfer – Suggested Method
1) You can choose the Suggestion Method you wish to base your Stock Transfers on by selecting ‘Min Stock Level’ or ‘All Items’ from the Drop-Down Box.
2) You can also choose to Filter the Products List by Category to make it easier to see your Products or Stock. Simply choose the Category you wish to Filter by and then click the ‘Refresh’ or ‘Search’ button. This screen shows you the following information about your Products/Stock : Description, Category, Design, Cost, Sale Per Week, Stock Level at the Remote Location, Ideal Stock Level (Minimum Stock Level), Suggested Transfer Qty and the Local/Sending Location Stock Level.
3) SalesStream Cloud will automatically calculate the ‘Suggested’ Transfer Qty, review these one-by one editing any of the ‘Suggested Qtys’ as relevant and then click ‘Append‘ on any Stock Item you wish to Transfer between the locations. Ignore or zero any you do not wish to transfer.
4) Repeat this for all Items you wish to Transfer, you will see Page Numbers at the bottom of the screen if you have lots of Products/Stock Items.
6) When complete click the ‘Authorise’ button at the top of the screen
7) Review the Products/Stock on the Transfer List, you can remove any by clicking the ‘Remove’ button on each row.
8) Enter a Note for the Transfer (as in the example above), this will be visible to staff at the Receiving Location.
9) Finally tick the ‘OK to Transfer‘ tick box and click the ‘Auth Transfer‘ button.
10) When the stock has physically moved to the Receiving Location you will need to ‘Dispatch’ the items using the method described below.
b) Creating a Stock Transfer – Manual Method
1) Exactly the same as for the Suggestion Method above – choose the relevant Sending and Receiving Locations
2) Enter a Note for the Transfer (as in the example above), this will be visible to staff at the Receiving Location.
3) Finally tick the ‘OK to Transfer‘ tick box and click the ‘Auth Transfer‘ button.
4) When the stock has physically moved to the Receiving Location you will need to ‘Dispatch’ the items using the method described below.
c) Creating a Stock Transfer – Lookup Method
Same as the Manual Method described above, with some additional options.
Dispatching/Authorising your Inter-Branch Transfer
When the stock has physically moved to the Receiving Location you will need to ‘Dispatch’ the items by clicking the ‘Dispatch’ tab.
More information to follow – in the mean time please contact your SalesStream Agent and they will arrange for this element of the IBT process to be completed for you.